Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #37

I decided to join the Cricut circle weekly challenge...this week. The site has had designers that have showcased different techniques. I chose to try Suzanne's technique of Cuttlebug embossing vellum. I cut an extra flower layer out of vellum and used embossing plates to emboss...it gives the flowers another layer and texture. Since I had the Cuttlebug already out I embossed the background paper too. I know Mother's day is a long way off, but as I was working on the card...and it just screamed Mom's Day.

Recipe:
  1. MME Stella Rose-Hazel paper
  2. Bazzill-craft cardstock
  3. vellum
  4. white uni-ball gel pen
  5. Stampin' Up-ribbon, word window and sentiment stamp
  6. CTMH-black ink
  7. White Bella Bling
  8. BG-blue pearls
  9. EK Success corner punch
  10. Cricut Cart- Elegant Edges, Country Life
  11. Cuttlebug and Embossing plates-Polka Dot, Herringbone, Tiny Bubbles and Cassies Brocade
  12. Cricut carts-Country Life and Elegant Edges

4 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Oh, my goodness, this is beautiful! The colors, patterns, ribbon...everything is perfect!

Judie said...

Lovely card, wonderful colors and papers.
Judie

Georgiana said...

Thanks for stopping by today to see my anteater. Who knew his tongue was 2 feet long?!?! Your card is beautiful. That cut is one of my favorites from Country Life. It always changes (colors/patterns), but remains lovely.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Beautiful card! I love the vellum layers you added to your flowers, it adds so much detail and dimension to the flowers...just lovely! Love the colors and mats and the way you finished up the inside of the card...beautiful!